Website Startups Without Borders
Bring out the legend in you
The Business Development Assistant supports the Business Development Manager in contacting potential or existing clients, understanding the client’s needs and objectives, and developing strategies and business solutions that will meet both SWB and the client’s need.
- Contacting potential clients to establish rapport and arrange meetings, including annual global sponsors, event sponsors, and new chapter launches.
- Developing quotes and proposals for clients.
- Developing product offerings, including SWB’s media products, events, and subscription for chapters.
- Developing sales in new sales territories.
- Researching organizations and individuals to find new opportunities.
- Increasing the value of current customers while attracting new ones.
- Finding and developing new markets.
- Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events.
- Developing goals for business growth and ensuring they are met.
- Liaising with and supporting Chapter managers, training them and helping them meet their goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field.
- Minimum 2 years Experience in sales, marketing or related fields.
- Strong communication skills and IT fluency.
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task.
- You have a ‘getting things done’ philosophy and you take initiative to support other teams and roles.
- Ability to be proactive, take ownership, and work independently as part of a diverse team that collaborates from different countries around the world.
- Leadership skills are a must. You are enthusiastic about networking, collaborating, and meeting people from different cultures.
- Proficiency in English. Arabic, Spanish, or French are preferred as a second language.
Startups Without Borders is a global platform registered in the United Kingdom, that connects migrant and refugee entrepreneurs to opportunities and resources to build their businesses, wherever they are. Launched in 2018 in Cairo, with communities across European and Middle Eastern countries, the platform creates a wide variety of initiatives to build the startup ecosystem for entrepreneurs on the move, not only changing perceptions on refugees and migrants, but also crystallising a growing entrepreneurial trend amongst refugees and migrants.
We are fuelled by a small, mighty team working remotely from different cities around the world. In two years since our launch, we have supported 1,000 founders through our events, we have trained over 500 entrepreneurs, and have grown a community of 2,000+ doers and makers across the Middle East and
We live by these company values:
- We spread positivity. We choose to ground ourselves in gratitude. We choose laughter and happiness, because we know amongst the darkness we can create our own light.
- We are magicians. We don’t believe in impossible and we don’t make excuses: we always find a solution. We believe you can achieve anything.
- We reinvent ourselves. Growth is our language. We seek personal development and love vision boards. We strive to always be the best version of ourselves.
- Bold and brave. We take chances. We jump outside the comfort zone, we’re creative, we defy expectations, and challenge every limitation.
- We cherish diversity. We celebrate our differences and are friends with everyone. Because if we all think the same way, then no one is thinking.
- Empathy, not sympathy. We are servant leaders. We don’t want to give refugees and migrants an opportunity; we believe that they are the opportunity.
- Work hard, enjoy life. We’re high achievers and get things done no matter what. But once work is finished, we also take time to nurture our personal life.
*Startups Without Borders is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Diversity is truly one of our core values, and we will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com