Website Startups Without Borders
The Programs Manager will be responsible for organizing and developing programs to support Startups Without Borders’ strategic direction, as well as creating and managing long term goals. The PM will also be in charge of developing budgets and operating plans for programs and writing program funding proposals. The PM will provide strategic guidance to teams in ways that promote the company’s culture, while overseeing the progress of operations. They will also develop efficient strategies and tactics. The goal is to ensure that all programs deliver the desirable outcome to our organization.
- Organizing programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of SWB..
- Developing new programs to support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Creating and managing long-term goals.
- Developing a budget and operating plan for the program.
- Developing an evaluation method to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement.
- Writing program funding proposals to guarantee uninterrupted delivery of services.
- Managing a team with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities.
- Ensuring goals are met in areas including customer satisfaction, safety, quality and team member performance.
- Implementing and managing changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved.
- Meeting with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding project issues and decisions on services.
- Producing accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle.
- Analyzing program risks.
- Working on strategy with the marketing team.
- Bachelor degree or master degree in business or related field.
- Min. 3 years experience in project management.
- You have skills in stakeholder management and experience managing a team.
- You have a ‘getting things done’ philosophy and you take initiative to support other teams and roles.
- Ability to be proactive, take ownership, and work independently as part of a diverse team that collaborates from different countries around the world.
- Leadership skills are a must. You are enthusiastic about networking, collaborating, and meeting people from different cultures.
- Proficiency in English. Arabic, Spanish, or French are preferred as a second language.
Startups Without Borders is a global platform registered in the United Kingdom, that connects migrant and refugee entrepreneurs to opportunities and resources to build their businesses, wherever they are. Launched in 2018 in Cairo, with communities across European and Middle Eastern countries, the platform creates a wide variety of initiatives to build the startup ecosystem for entrepreneurs on the move, not only changing perceptions on refugees and migrants, but also crystallising a growing entrepreneurial trend amongst refugees and migrants.
We are fuelled by a small, mighty team working remotely from different cities around the world. In two years since our launch, we have supported 1,000 founders through our events, we have trained over 500 entrepreneurs, and have grown a community of 2,000+ doers and makers across the Middle East and
We live by these company values:
- We spread positivity. We choose to ground ourselves in gratitude. We choose laughter and happiness, because we know amongst the darkness we can create our own light.
- We are magicians. We don’t believe in impossible and we don’t make excuses: we always find a solution. We believe you can achieve anything.
- We reinvent ourselves. Growth is our language. We seek personal development and love vision boards. We strive to always be the best version of ourselves.
- Bold and brave. We take chances. We jump outside the comfort zone, we’re creative, we defy expectations, and challenge every limitation.
- We cherish diversity. We celebrate our differences and are friends with everyone. Because if we all think the same way, then no one is thinking.
- Empathy, not sympathy. We are servant leaders. We don’t want to give refugees and migrants an opportunity; we believe that they are the opportunity.
- Work hard, enjoy life. We’re high achievers and get things done no matter what. But once work is finished, we also take time to nurture our personal life.
*Startups Without Borders is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Diversity is truly one of our core values, and we will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com